Thursday, July 11, 2019

Gardeners and co-workers... it's Zucchini time!

I hate posts with long, drawn-out intros. This is the very best zucchini bread recipe I've ever found that comes out great with wheat-free flour.  I use King Arthur Gluten Free Baking Mix for the flour here. It is FABULOUS! I always give a mini-loaf to whoever gives me the zucchini, and they are shocked if I tell them it's gluten free.  Enjoy!!!
(I have no idea where I originally got this recipe, if it's yours please message me for credits)

Gluten Free Zucchini Bread (Makes 2 regular loaves)

3 eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 cup oil
3 cup grated zucchini, moisture squeezed out
2 1/2 cup gluten free flour of choice (I use King Arthur Gluten Free Baking Mix)
1 grated carrot
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon ginger
3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Optional:  1 1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. 
Grease and flour* two loaf pans.

Beat eggs in large bowl. Add sugars, zucchini, and carrot, and mix well. Add remaining ingredients, mix thoroughly.

Fill prepared pans halfway full, bake 45-60 minutes.

This freezes well, but allow to cool completely before wrapping.  


*Gluten free flour

 

No comments: