Wow, it's been a busy couple of weeks. I don't like going so long between posts -- I'll try to do better.
Skillet Salisbury Steak serves 6
· 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck or round
· 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves, crushed
· 2-3 twists of fresh cracked pepper
· 2 c WF Gravy (see below)
· 1 can (3 to 4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
· 2 tablespoons red wine, optional
In a large bowl combine beef, onion, salt, marjoram, and pepper; mix well. Divide meat into 6 portions; shape into thin oval patties.
Brown each side of Salisbury steak in skillet. Prepare gravy as directed below; stir in mushrooms and wine, if using. Heat through. Pour gravy over Salisbury steak patties, cover and simmer on low heat about 10 minutes until cooked through. Serve with potatoes.
2 c boiling water
2 tsp beef bouillon
1 Tblsp corn starch
Dissolve beef bouillon in water. Reserve 1/2 cup broth in heat-proof measuring cup. Stir in corn starch until smooth. Pour corn starch mix back into bouillon and heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Reduce heat, stir and simmer over med-low heat until thickened.