Monday, August 24, 2009

In the Mainstream



Have you seen it? Right there in the baking aisle at the grocery store...Betty Crocker Gluten Free mixes. Brownies, cookies, cakes! The products are a little pricey, especially considering the cake mixes only make one layer size instead of a two-layer cake like traditional cake mixes. However, we know that all WF/GF products are more expensive than their "wheaty" counterparts. The biggest advantage I've seen in these products so far is the ease for family and friends who want to try to accommodate our special diet but are uncertain what to get or where to go. The packaging is clearly marked Gluten Free (I wish it included Wheat Free as well, but I'm not going split hairs on that one) and it's found right along with traditional cake and cookie mixes in the grocery store.


Betty Crocker's website even has some additional recipes using these different mixes. I've not done anything other than just follow the package directions at this point, but I'll post anything I come up with to give these even more variety. As an additional bonus, the boxes also have the Boxtops for Education points to help in collecting for your school.
(I have not forgotten the requests for Cinnamon Rolls, and I'm still working on a recipe I think is worth passing on.)

No comments: