Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Fake-uccino

Coffee is my one serious addiction. When the doctors go through the list of medications and ask about “recreational drug use?” I admit “Caffeine.” I love quality rich coffee, and I love fu-fu iced whipped things at the coffee houses. I don’t love all the sugar and fat in those fu-fu things. I’ve also learned there is sometimes even wheat protein in them to thicken them up. To save money, calories, and my Epi-pen I have developed this recipe. The calorie savings is not substantial over some drinks, but every little bit helps. Plus, at least I know what's in this.

Makes 3-4 servings

3 Individual packets of instant hot chocolate mix
3-4 rounded teaspoons instant coffee
1 cup Half and Half
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups ice cubes

Blend everything in blender, pour into glasses. Top with whipped cream if desired. Enjoy!

No comments: